We founded Elysian Capital on integrity and the highest professional and ethical standards, and are committed to investing in the best businesses.
"The countries in which our companies operate have extensive laws, regulations and restrictions that must be complied with. Accordingly, we take a risk-based approach to environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters throughout the investment lifecycle."
CEO, Elysian Capital
Our working principles to ensure we invest responsibly are:
- Integrate ESG matters into our deal process, investment decision and ownership.
- Incorporate all relevant information about ESG matters into our investment decisions.
- Ensure our investment teams understand the reasons, issues and opportunities behind ESG matters.
- Actively engage with portfolio companies and their management teams to promote and seek better ESG performance.
- Ensure consistent standards of monitoring and reporting of ESG matters across our portfolio.
ESG performance over time
It’s important to us to share our progress in continually improving ESG in our portfolio.
Since 2020, we have worked with the Apex Group and its ESG Ratings & Advisory service to provide ratings and reporting for our investments.
This provides a benchmark against peers and global standards, and drives improvements in businesses’ ESG performance over time.
We also use Apex to conduct an ESG health check on companies as part of the pre-investment process.
Fund II ESG Performance – Average Company Score:
NB Unlike Fund III, the first audits for Fund II took place when most companies had been in the portfolio for several years.